After receiving the necessary documents from ALYTAUS KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences, you must apply for a National visa (D) at the nearest Embassy of the Republic of Lithuania.
- All international students from Non – EU countries coming for studies to Lithuania are required to get a national visa for multiple entries D.
- The application documents for the issue of visa D should be submitted to the closest Embassy, Diplomatic mission or Consular post of the Republic of Lithuania before arrival.
- The decision on the issue of visa D shall be made within 15 days after the receipt of application.
- Visa D allows students to travel via Schengen area countries for 3 months in each period of 6 months. A multiple entry visa (D) may be issued for the period not exceeding one year (12 months)!
- The required documents for National visa D: (I want to study at a university or college. What should I do?)
Note: The Embassy/Consulate reserves the right to request additional information/documentation and to interview the applicant. For detailed information on all visa requirements, it is advisable to visit the website of the Embassy/Consulate of the Republic of Lithuanian.
Please note that the details of the procedure for visa D might be changed by the time you decide to visit the country therefore we suggest to consult the nearest Lithuanian embassy before the arrival at:
Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.urm.lt/default/en/
Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania http://www.migracija.lt/
Note: It is the responsibility of individual students to present all required documents in a timely manner at the Migration department to maintain a valid and legitimate visa (or residence permit) status throughout their study at ALYTAUS KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences.