Temporary residence permit

Temporary residence permit (TRP)

If you are coming for degree studies you need to apply for a temporary residence permit (TRP) to live in Lithuania after first semester spent at ALYTAUS KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences. All additional documents should be submitted to the Territorial division of the Migration departament.

The required documents for the Temporary residence permit: (How do I get a temporary residence permit card.

You can choose a convenient date and time for your appointment from the calendar available after submitting your online application.

Note1: All documents must be translated into Lithuanian or English language. The health insurance contract (policy) shall contain entries in at least one of the following languages: Lithuanian, English, German, French, and Russian. 

Note2: The certificate of Non-Criminal Record must be legalised and (or) certified by an Apostille.

After receiving an information (letter) of the Migration Department under the Ministery of Interior of Lithuania, regarding the taken decision on granting temporary residence permit the student must visit local Migration Board for the processing of the residence permit.

Note 1: The TRP is issued within 10 days after accepting the documents. After receiving the TRP, you must declare your living place at the Municipality Office (Seni┼źnija) if it wasn’t done already in the Migration Office.

Note 2: The decision on granting temporary residence permit is valid only for 3 months. In case if the documents will not be submitted to the mentioned institution in 3 months, the taken decision will became invalid and the procedure on the consideration for the issuance of temporary residence permit will have to be started again.

Note 3: The decision does not grant the right to be within the Republic of Lithuania without a visa or exceed the period of visa-free stay!


Extension of Temporary Residence Permit (for non-EU citizens)

Documents should be submitted not earlier than 4 months and not later than 2 months before the expiry date of permit. Concerning the required documents for extension contact International Office.

When applying for TRP until the end of studies, TRP is issued for a period 3 months extending study period.

During the last year of studying, you can apply for a temporary residence permit for 12 additional months from the day when studies are finished in order to look for a job.


Please note that details of the procedure for application for the residence permit / visa D might be changed by the time you decide to visit the country therefore we suggest to consult the nearest Lithuanian embassy before the arrival or internet:

Ministry of Foreign Affairs https://www.urm.lt/default/en/

Migration Department under the Ministry of the Interior of the Republic of Lithuania http://www.migracija.lt/

Note: It is the responsibility of individual students to present all required documents in a timely manner at the Migration department to maintain a valid and legitimate visa (or residence permit) status throughout their study at ALYTAUS KOLEGIJA/University of Applied Sciences.