ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING AND ELECTRONICS
The course presents and analyses the following topics: stages of development of electrical engineering and electronics science, basic principles and their application, the main laws of alternating current circuits, connection technology of receivers and sources, three-phase circuits with star and triangle connection, power of three-phase circuits, elements and laws of magnetic circuits, circuits of direct and alternating magnetic flow, three-phase transformers and their main parameters and features, structure of direct current and alternating current machines and generators, their general properties, starting, reversing, methods of speed control, electrical gears and automatic elements, braking and reversing of electrical engines, control devices and their joining in the circuit, electronic conductivity in semiconductors, physical processes taking place in the p-n junction in the case of voltage connection, application of semiconductor devices in elementary electronic schemes, operation principles of electronic amplifiers, electrical pulse characteristics and electronic logical elements, triggers and trigger schemes, information display and processing schemes, electronic supply sources and stabilizers. Laboratory work includes the following topics: analysis and calculation of the basic characteristics of electronic circuits, connection of electronic schemes choosing electronic components, electrical power accounting devices and measuring methods in electrical engines.
Course code: H24002SIS10
Course scope: 6 ECTS.
Course goals: to learn the main laws of electrotechnics and electronics, principles of performance of electric devices and equipment, laws of energy transfer and distribution, work modes of electric current machinery, that are necessary to understand the fundamentals of civil engineering study field and analyse and solve engineering tasks by choosing proper methods and ways.
- Object of electrical engineering andelectronics; electricalequipment,electronic devices andcircuits;circuitcharacteristicsand parameters.
- Circuitmodes, methods of connecting. Main characteristics of Sinusoidalelectrical quantities. A circuit of serial and parallel connection receivers: Ohm’s Law for alternatingcurrent,resistance and voltage Circuit of connected receivers.Power ACreceivers.
- A three-phase system of electromotive force and its representation. Ways of connecting generator windings. Phase and line voltage. Star and triangle receiver connection.
- Study of circuits of permanent magnetic flow: a direct problem, an inverse problem. Electrical measurement concepts, methods, errors, meters of direct-reading instruments, electronic measurement instruments, registration Measurement of current, voltage, power, energy, resistors, inductance and capacity.
- Three-phasetransformers, autotransformers,weldingand measuringtransformers.
- Purpose and operation of DC machines, engine mode, generatormode. General characteristics of theengine: start, reversing, speed control,excitationtechniques, energylossesandthe coefficient of performance. Asynchronousmachines,theirstructure, operation, characteristics,speed control,start-up.Engineswith a short-cage rotor, engines with a phase rotor. Synchronousmachines: operation andstructure.
- Classification and purpose of control apparatus.Hand-switching devices, electromagnetic switchingNon-contactcontrol apparatus, protecting apparatus,relays. Structure andtypes of electric gears.Enginewarm-up andoperating modes. Choosing the gear drive. Electricbrakingandreversing, regulation of the gear speed.Engine controldevices.
- Parameters of a semiconductordiode. A junction diagram of a bipolartransistorcommonemitter (CE), a common base (CB)andcommoncollector (CC). Transistoroperation modes. Field transistorstructure and operatingprinciples. Multilayersemiconductorelements.
- Classification ofamplifiers, theircharacteristicsandbasic parameters.Feedback in amplifiers.The mainstage of amplifying. Amplifiers of continuoussignal, differential andoperational amplifiers(OA).
- Concept of thepulseElectricalpulsecharacteristics. Transistorswitch, thyristor switches. Linearandnonlinearpulse shapers.
- Basicand inverselogical actions. Electronic logical elements. Classificationandbasic parameters of logical elements. Purpose of triggers, typesandclassification. One-stroke triggers of static control, two-stroke and dynamic control triggers.Registers.
- Electronic tubes,electronic indicators, microprocessorsandtheir purpose. Structure of an integrated circuitmemory; staticanddynamic memory. Digital analog meters and analogdigital meters. Rectifiers, theirclassificationandbasic parameters.Filters andtheirpurpose