OFFICE AND ENTERPRISE ADMINISTRATION
State code: 6531LX002
Study area: Business Management and Public Management, L02 Management
Kind of the study programme: higher education college studies
Mode of studies (duration in years): full-time (3), part-time (4)
Volume of the study programme in credits: 180
Awarded degree and (or) professional qualification: Professional Bachelor of Management
Purpose of the study programme
The goal of the OEA study programme is to train qualified administrators capable of managing office, company (division) activities and information flows; preparing documents and managing document systems; administrating labour relations; acting as assistants to the administration of an organization and representing their organization; solving project management problems; continuously improving their competences, working in a team, thinking creatively and critically as well as analysing and generalizing performance results. The goal clearly defines the areas of activities of a future specialist, i.e.: management of office, company (division) activities and information flows; preparation of documents and management of document systems; administration of labour relations; acting as assistants to the administration an organization and representing their organization; solving project management problems, social and personal competences necessary for formulation and argumentation of solutions in administration of office and company (division) activities.
Outcomes of the study programme
|Knowledge and its application||
1. Know and apply legislative acts defining the performance of an office, company (division); know the management functions and main theoretical and applicable bases that are necessary for solving problems of Administrator‘s performance.
|Ability to carry out research||
2. Apply different research methods, principles of task distribution, collect and analyse data, take decisions related to the performance of an office, company (division).
3. Administrate the performance of an office, company (division) using innovative organizational, communication and information technologies; represent the organization, assist to the Management of the organization; administrate public relations according to ethical norms and etiquette requirements.
4. Manage documents of an office, company (division), its interior and exterior information flows; know the basic principles of accounting.
5. Solve project management problems related to project initiation, planning, implementation, control and follow-up.
6. Administrate work relations according to the requirements of human resources management and elements of efficient personal management systems.
7. Communicate with specialists and other people in solving tasks of professional activities. Take responsibility for the quality of own performance and that of subordinates basing on professional ethics and public spirit.
8. Communicate in native and foreign languages orally and in writing, apply the opportunities provided by information technologies, systems and databases, principles of team work and professional ethics; analyse and generalize the performance results.
Degree granting requirements
Graduate’s knowledge, skills and abilities indicated in the description of the study programme are tested and assessed in public defence of a graduation thesis. A graduation thesis is an analytical project based on independent applied research. 12 ECTS are given for preparation and defence of a graduation thesis.
Coordinator of the study programme
Lecturer Palmira Rodžienė