- MANAGEMENT (7 ECTS)
Management is one of the most rapidly changing human sciences. How organizations are managed has a major impact on their efficiency, whatever their mission is. Whether they are businesses providing adequate products to the marketplace while earning a profit for their owners or social welfare agencies committed to maintaining the well-being of some people, the achievements and failures of organizations affect the lives of everyone.
To provide comprehensive coverage of the principles and practice of Management;
To choose relevant subject matter and to present it clearly and accessibly, using management material and tasks to help students understand Management concepts in a real-company context.
1. Management and Organizations
2. The Evolution of Management
3. Planning Process
4. Organizing Process
7. Organization Culture
8. Decision Making
- MICROECONOMICS (5 ECTS)
To change the way students see the world – this is a purpose of teaching economics. Microeconomics provides a thorough understanding of the principles of economics that apply to the functions of individual decision makers, both consumers and producers, within a larger economic system. It places primary emphasis on the nature and functions of product markets, and includes a study of factor markets and the role of government in promoting greater efficiency and equity in the economy. The course of Microeconomics covers both theory and practice so the students understand how to produce information that is useful in day-to-day decision making.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
To provide comprehensive coverage of the principles and practice of Microeconomics;
To choose relevant subject matter and present it clearly and accessibly, using examples drawn from actual business life in order to help the students understand Microeconomics concepts in a real-company context.
1. Demand and Supply
3. Indifference Curve Analysis
4. The Firm and it’s Economic Problem
5. Pure Competition
7. Monopolistic Competition
9. Labour Market
10. Pricing and Allocating Factors of Production
- MACROECONOMICS (3 ECTS)
Macroeconomics deals with the economy as a whole. It ignores individual units and many of the problems which they face. By concentrating on the economy in the aggregate, macroeconomics is concerned with the total output of the economy and the general price level, and not the output and price levels of a single firm or industry. The course of Macroeconomics covers both theory and practice so the students understand how to produce information that is useful in day-to-day decision making.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
To provide comprehensive coverage of the principles and practice of Macroeconomics;
To explain why problems (full employment, price stability, economic growth and external balance) arise in the economy and how these problems can be dealt with.
1. National Income Accounting
2. Aggregate Demand and Aggregate Supply
3. The Business Cycle
6. Government Budget and National Debt
7. Fiscal Policy
8. Banking System and Money
9. Monetary Policy
10. Net Exports
- QUALITY MANAGEMENT (3 ECTS)
Quality Management is organized into two parts: Quality Management philosophy and concepts; and tools and techniques. Quality is an ability to satisfy or even exceed the needs and expectations of the customers. Quality Management is a management approach to a long-term success through customer satisfaction. The participation of all members of an organization in improving the processes, products, services, and the culture they work in is the basis of Quality Management.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
To provide comprehensive coverage of the principles and practice of Quality Management;
To choose relevant subject matter and to present it clearly and accessibly, using examples drawn from actual business life in order to help the students understand Quality Management concepts in a real-company context.
1. Quality Definition
2. History of Quality Management
3. Quality Improvement Methodology
4. Customer Satisfaction
5. ISO 9000
- BUSINESS ETHICS AND ETIQUETTE (3 ETCS)
BUSINESS ETHICS AND ETIQUETTE
The world is facing new challenges in the 21st century. In an increasingly interdependent economy, business decisions affect all business participants. Those decisions that are based on a sound ethical judgement will have the most favourable and beneficial results. The Manager’s responsibility is to make effective and moral economic decisions. The course of Business Ethics covers both theory and practice, so the students understand how to produce information that’s useful in day-to-day decision making.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
To provide comprehensive coverage of the principles and practice of Business Ethics;
To choose relevant subject matter and present it clearly and accessibly using examples drawn from actual business life in order to help the students understand Business ethics concepts in a real-company context.
1. Concept and Philosophy of Ethics
2. Development of Business Ethics
3. Ethical Thinking
4. Ethical Decision Making
5. Role of Responsibility
6. Code of Ethics
7. Business Etiquette
- MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTING (4 ECTS)
Management Accounting produces information for managers within an organization. It is a process of identifying, measuring, analyzing, preparing, interpreting and communicating information that helps managers fulfil organizational objectives. Thus it is an essential tool that enhances a manager’s ability to make effective economic decisions. The course of Management Accounting covers both theory and practice, so the students understand how to produce information that is useful in day-to-day decision making.
Course scope: 4 ECTS.
To choose relevant subject matter and present it clearly and accessibly using examples drawn from actual business life in order to help the students understand Management Accounting concepts in a real-company context.
1. Managerial accounting, business organization, and professional ethics
2. Introduction to costs behaviour and costs-volume relationships
3. Measurement of cost behaviour
4. Introduction to budgets and preparing the master budget
5. Flexible budgets and variance analysis
6. Cost allocation
7. Accounting for overhead costs
8. Job-costing and process-costing systems
- FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING (6 ETCS)
Accounting is the information system that measures business activity, processes the data into reports, and communicate the results to decision makers. A key product of Financial Accounting is a set of reports called financial statements. Hence Financial Accounting is the language of business. The better you understand the language of business, the better you can manage business. Thus it is an essential tool that enhances a manager’s ability to make effective economic decisions. The course of Financial Accounting covers both theory and practice, so the students understand how to produce and employ information that is essential in business management.
Course scope: 6 ECTS.
To choose relevant subject matter and present it clearly and accessibly using examples drawn from actual business life in order to help the students understand Financial Accounting concepts in a business context.
1. Accounting and the Business Environment
2. Recording Business Transactions
3. The Adjusting Process
4. Completing the Accounting Cycle
5. Short-term Assets
6. Long-term Assets
7. Current Liabilities and Payroll
8. Long-term Liabilities
9. Equity and the Balance Sheet
10. Retained Earnings and the Income Statement
11. The Statement of Cash Flows
12. Financial Reporting Standards and Accountability
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT (4 ECTS)
Project Management is directed towards training a specialist who is able to understand the essence of a project, its place in the company activities, know methods of project making and is able to make a project.
Course scope: 4 ECTS.
1. Project conception
2. Project management processes
3. Project risk
4. Project quality management
5. The EU support for Lithuania.
- MARKETING (3 ECTS/6 ECTS)
The course of studies develops cognitive abilities of students to apply their professional knowledge in the process of company marketing management, recognize and analyse the main elements of marketing mix and their structural parts. After finishing this course, students will be able: To use marketing principles and concepts, to analyze environment forces operating activities of the organization and to make marketing decisions; To conduct researches of areas of market and marketing, to use and interpret information by accepting marketing decision in activity of company; To segment customers, for set advantages to choose a target market, to identify the factors that shapes consumer behavior by controlling them by meeting needs of users; Combine elements of the marketing mix and to select the appropriate marketing mix strategies that fits market and organization conditions.
3 ECTS (for IT and Administration students)
6 ECTS (for Management students)
To give a modern marketing knowledge and practical skills, to help understand the main principles of market and acquire practical skills creatively solve the problems of marketing.
1. Marketing concept
2. Strategic marketing planning
3. Marketing environment
4. Marketing information and research
5. Consumer behavior
6. Market segmentation, targeting and positioning
7. Product and branding strategy. New product development
8. Pricing the product. Pricing strategies
9. Marketing channels and supply chain management
10. Integrated marketing communications
11. Promotion mix elements
- STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT (7 ECTS)
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGEMENT
Course scope: 7 ECTS.
1. The gist of strategic marketing
2. Analysis of the marketing environment
3. Segmentation, identifying and positioning the target market
4. Setting marketing goals
5. Strategies of marketing complex elements
6. Concept and sources of competitive advantage
7. Implementation and control of marketing strategy
- FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW (4 ECTS)
FUNDAMENTALS OF LAW
Course scope: 4 ECTS.
To provide basic knowledge on the legal systems of European Union and Lithuania.
To develop understanding how to establish an international business company: its registration, preparation of legal documents, survey of international business legal environment, defining international business market.
To foster students’ ability to analyse national and international legislation, the legislative process in the context of the legal system as well as compare national and international legal regulation of business features and to interpret them.
1. Theory of Law
2. European Union Law
3. Constitutional Law
4. Administrative Law
5. Criminal Law
6. Civil Law
7. Legal Labour Relations
- BUSINESS ENGLISH (6 ECTS)
The objective of the English language is to teach students to communicate in their professional field.
Course scope: 6 ECTS.
To prepare students for the requirements of a professional career using English for Specific Purposes;
To foster students ability to communicate in English as a business language;
To develop students professional vocabulary;
To develop students language skills in the use of English for Specific Purposes.
1. English for Specific Purposes covering language skills relating to Business English including the following topics:
1.2. Curriculum vitae (CV);
1.3. Job interview;
1.4. Letter of application;
2. Relevant grammar and language structures.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGIES (6 ECTS)
The course provides the main concepts of information technologies, review of operating systems, main parameters of Windows XP, application possibilities of Word, Excel, PowerPoint for information processing, accumulation and storage, possibilities of information search in the Internet, electronic mail as means of communication and information transmission.
Course scope: 6 ECTS
The goal of the course is to gain knowledge of computer hardware and software, control an operating system, work with MS Office application programmes, gain practical skills of information flow accumulation, storage, processing and transmission.
1. Operating systems
2. Information processing with MS Word 2007
3. Information processing with MS Excel 2007
4. Preparation of presentations with MS PowerPoint 2007
5. World Wide Web – Internet
6. Electronic mail Outlook Express
- NETWORK FUNDAMENTALS (3 ECTS)
The course presents the main concepts of computer networks, their application, classification, architecture and protocols, methods of computer network design, principles of installation and maintenance, data transmission environments and technologies, and control of network protection, prospects of development of communication networks.
Course scope: 3 ECTS
The goal of the course is to provide professional understanding of networks as a complex of computer, communication channels and network software tools; study and understand the principles of data transmission by networks; understand the principles of formation of local and wide area networks; introduce administration of internet services and recent application of computer networks.
1. Connecting to the Network. Introduction to Networking. Principles of Communication. Communicating on a Local Wired Network. Building the Access Layer of an Ethernet Network. Building the Distribution Layer of Network. Plan and Connect a Local Network. Using Layered Models.
2. Network Addressing. IP Addresses and Subnet Masks. Types of IP addresses. How IP addresses are obtained. Address management. Cisco Packet Tracer.
3. Network Services. Clients/Servers and their interaction. Application Protocols and Services. Layered Model and Protocols.
4. Planning and Cabling Networks. LANs – Making the Physical Connection. Device interconnections. Developing and addressing scheme. Calculating the subnets.
5. Wireless technologies. Wireless technology. Wireless LANs. Security considerations on a wireless LAN. Configuring an integrated AP and wireless client.
- BASICS OF PROGRAMMING (5 ECTS)
BASICS OF PROGRAMMING
The course provides knowledge of programming languages, their history and development, C++ syntax and basic operations, solving of classic programming problems including control operators of calculation process, cycles, operations with arrays, functions. The course is aimed at forming the system of knowledge and skills necessary for the programme of studies and practical application.
Course scope: 5 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to provide knowledge and practical skills of the C++ programming language necessary for work with various data and creation of application programmes.
1. Review of programming languages. History of development of object-oriented programming. Emergence of visual C++. Structure of C++.
2. C++ syntax and basic operations in the C++ language. Syntax and terminology. Names. Punctuation. Pre-processing commands.
3. Main types of data and data representation. Declaration of variables. Types of data and constants. Changing data type. Arithmetic operations.
4. Operators of calculation process management. Branching operators. Operator switch … case. Cycle operators. Cycle For, While, Do while. Unconditional transfer operators. Calculation of quantities, finding a sum and a product, accumulation of a sum and a product.
5. One dimensional data arrays. Operations with elements of one dimensional array: formation, representation, printing. Element search, ejection, insertion, change and ordering. Operations with part of the array.
6. Text files. Reading data from a text file, of results in a text file. Rules of work with files, supplementing a file.
7. Functions. Concept of a function and its description. Principles of function creation, prototypes, realization, writing addresses to functions. Macro commands. Static variables.
8. Two dimensional data arrays. Operations with their elements: formation, representation,. Element search, line and column ejection, insertion, change and ordering. Operations with parts of a two dimensional array. Square matrix.
- MULTIMEDIA AND INTERNET (3 ECTS)
MULTIMEDIA AND INTERNET
The course of Multimedia and Internet provides knowledge of technologies of creating multimedia objects, placing them in the Internet and application of multimedia possibilities in company activities.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to provide knowledge of multimedia creation technologies and application of multimedia possibilities in company activities.
1. Concept and Meaning of Multimedia.
2. Basic Elements of Multimedia.
3. Hardware and Software for Multimedia.
4. Adobe Flash Software as Device for Creating Animation.
- LAYOUT (3 ECTS)
The course provides knowledge on organization of publishing, preparation of texts and graphics for publication, peculiarities of the layout of different publications, preparation of publication for printing.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to provide knowledge on organization of publishing, preparation of texts and graphics for publications, theoretical knowledge and practical skills on the layout of information and advertising publications.
1. Computer publishing.
2. Using typography and fonts.
3. Graphic design basics.
4. Creating a page layout and composing page elements.
5. Essentials of Adobe InDesign.
- COMPUTER GRAPHICS (3 ECTS)
The course teaches function and interaction between hardware and software of the graphic image processing system, provides knowledge of generation of basic graphic primitives, digital formation of slanting and perspective projections and realistic rendering, basic systems of graphic representation, representation problems and ways of problem solving, working drawings using AutoCAD programme, modification tools of AutoLISP and Visual LISP – AutoCAD and programming.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to provide knowledge of AutoCAD programming tools and packages used for design and construction of parts and engineering systems, methods of work and possibilities of their application; develop practical skills.
1. Equipment of graphical systems
2. Introduction to AutoCAD
3. Graphics primitives and their attributes
4. Area hatching. Dimensions
5. Editing measures
6. Working drawings
7. Object modelling in a space
8. AutoLISP and Visual LISP – AutoCAD retrofit measures
- COMPUTER-AIDED DESIGN (3 ECTS)
The course provides knowledge of elements of graphic design, their interaction with arts, composition harmonization tools, font arrangement, printing objects of graphic design. Practice time is meant for analysing tools and commands of the Adobe Photoshop programme, possibilities of layer application, use of special effects samples, creating and editing illustrations, advertising posters and textures, retouching photographs or compiling drawings. The CorelDraw program covers object composition, transformation, editing, use of text and special effects, preparation of advertising elements for company work. The course is also aimed at forming the system of knowledge and skills of image editing and composition necessary for fulfilment of the requirements of the study programme and occupational activities.
Course scope: 3 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to teach students to create and edit graphic and vector images, illustrations and objects with special effects; understand the importance and function of graphics and design in a company, design advertising elements and know psychological aspects of advertising influence, gain theoretical knowledge ad practical skills necessary for fulfilment of the requirements of the study programme.
1.Essence and features of advertising.
2.Basic Adobe Photoshop elements.
3.Marking and editing of picture parts.
4.Adobe Photoshop layers.
5.Painting and editing.
7.Adobe Photoshop filters.
9.Design development and interaction with other arts
10.Basic constituent elements of graphic design
11.Basic measures of composition harmonization
13.Graphic editing of photographs.
14.Principles of graphic design for printed objects.
15.CorelDRAW special effects.
16.Company image creation.
- DATABASES (5 ECTS)
The course introduces the main concepts of databases (DB), principles of their creation and use. Most attention is paid to relational data processing. The course also covers the following topics: database control systems, their functions and constituent parts; possibilities for DB users; instruments and creation of application programmes; SQL and other query languages. Students master Microsoft Access, one of the most popular database control systems.
Course scope: 5 ECTS.
The goal of the course is to introduce the basics of database design, methods of conceptual design, work with database control systems, principles of relational database design, ways and methods of database application in business.
1.Main concepts of database systems
2.DB and DBMS conception, purpose and functions
3.Main concepts of relational database model
4.Main principles of database design
5.Basics of database normalization
6.Creation of a database in MS Access database system environment
7.Data selection methods, their application in database systems
8.Forms of data input
9.Basics of the SQL query language and its application in databases
10.Complex structures in queries
- HTML TECHNOLOGIES (4 ECTS)
Course scope: 4 ECTS
1. HTML. Structuring Documents for the Web. Links and Navigation. Working with Images. Building a Simple Table.
2. CSS. Understanding Cascading Style Sheets. Working with Margins, Padding, Alignment, and Floating. Understanding the CSS Box Model and Positioning. Using CSS to Design Navigation.
3. Web editor. Dreamweaver CS5 Workspace. Setting Up a Website. Creating a Form and Collecting Data. Sending and Reacting to Form Data.
- PHP PROGRAMMING (6 ECTS)
The course aims at training to use theoretical knowledge and practical skills for creation of websites and online information systems. The course introduces PHP language and its application for creation of websites and online systems. It also introduces the database control system MySQL which is widely used in online information systems and PHP scripts.
Course scope: 6 ECTS
To provide skills of programming by using PHP language in creation of online systems of different complexity that use databases.
1. Getting Started with PHP. Setting up your workspace. Adding PHP to a web page. Learning PHP syntax. Working with variables. Debugging code. Working with complex data.
2. Working with PHP Controls, Functions, and Forms. Making decisions. Repeating program steps. Learning about scope. Reusing code with functions. Creating forms.
3. Preventing Problems. Handling errors. Writing secure code.
4. Objects and Classes. Introducing object-oriented programming. Defining classes. Using classes. Using advanced techniques.
5. Using a Database. Introducing databases. Introducing MySQL. Creating and connecting to the database. Creating tables. Entering data. Selecting data. Using multiple tables. Changing data. Deleting data. Preventing database security issues.
- PHYSICS (5 ECTS)
The course of Physics introduces the main and secondary units of SI system, calculation of errors, linear and rotational movement of solid bodies, body interactions, and fluctuations. The course analyses microscopic and macroscopic states of systems, kinematic parameters, laws of thermodynamics, reversible and irreversible processes, Carnot cycle, efficiency and entropy, real gas and tension of liquid surface; it also introduces physics of solids, main properties of electrostatic electric current, electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields, electromagnetic induction and electromagnetic waves; analyses sources of alternative energy nuclear energy and most prospect energy sources in the total balance of the world energy supply system. The course also analyses the main concepts of optics fundamental laws and atomic and nuclear physics. The course includes a lot of laboratory works with Phywe® laboratory equipment.
Course scope: 5 ECTS.
To acquire fundamental knowledge on nature and its phenomena, as well as classical mechanics, molecular physics and electromagnetism; understand phenomena of optics wave, quantum optics, atomic physics, solid state and nuclear physics; understand links between phenomena of the surrounding world and acquire knowledge of physics; select necessary information, classify and analyse it, work in a team, acquire skills of creative and critical thinking, analyse and generalize results of their performance and context.
1.International System of Units
2.Measurements and errors of measurements
4.Molecular physics and thermodynamics
7.Atomic and nuclear physics
- MICROBIOLOGY AND SANITATION (9 ECTS)
MICROBIOLOGY AND SANITATION
Students will gain knowledge about microbiological processes in the stages of food processing and learn to manage and apply it. Also they will acquire the microbiological fundamentals of food product preserving and learn about microorganisms that cause infectious diseases.
Students will analyze the main concepts of infectious diseases and immunity, the origin, causes, classification, characteristics of causing agents, pathogenicity, spreading ways, methods of fighting and prophylaxis of diseases spreading through food. They will learn about using microorganisms and their metabolites in food production.
Students will research of microbiology of separate food industry branches – microflora of raw materials, semimanufactures and ready products and its change in the process of production, principles and planning of microbiological control of food products and their processing.
COURSE SCOPE: 9 ECTS
• The main groups and principles of systematics, bacteria, fungus, virus, taxonomy categories.
• Morphology of bacteria, fungus, yeast, virus, algae, protozoa.
• Chemical composition of the microorganisms.
• Process of metabolism – catabolism and energy change process; anabolism and the steps of biosynthesis.
• Relation between the microorganism and the ambience.
• The mechanism of the several factors, the intercommunion of the microorganisms.
• The spread of microorganisms, the water microbiology.
• Bacterial genetics.
• Industrial Microbiology.
• The main methods of microbiological control – microscopy, count determination, characteristic research.
• Definitions of hygiene and sanitation.
• Hygienic characteristics of air and water.
• Regulation of hygiene requirements.
• The hygienic principles of plant design, layout, construction and maintenance.
• Hygiene requirements for manufacture premises, equipment, implements, packaging materials, raw materials, finished products.
• Hygiene of technologies.
• Cleaning, disinfection: principles, methods and procedures.
• Pest control: deratisation and disinsection programmes.
• Monitoring methods of sanitation programmes.
• Personal hygiene.
• Hygiene of food products and their control.
- TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING OF FOOD OF ANIMAL ORIGIN (6 ECTS)
TECHNOLOGY AND ENGINEERING OF FOOD OF ANIMAL ORIGIN
Students will acquire knowledge about the raw materials of food of animal origin, their functional and technological characteristics and indicators of quality. Also they will learn about the fundamentals of animal anatomy.
Students will analyze technological processes of manufacturing of animal products and changes ..
They will learn to calculate the raw materials and substances for the manufacturing of food products, do practical training helping to apply theoretical knowledge in the practice.
COURSE SCOPE: 6 ECTS
• Technological calculations
• Analysis and design of the manufacturing process technology of animal products using technological innovations.
• Different manufacturing technologies of milk, meat, egg and fish products and their characteristics.
• Control of safety and quality of food products of animal origin
• Equipment of primary processing, refrigerating, preserving, thermal and mechanical processing and packaging of raw materials and ready products of animal origin